Friday, December 23, 2022

Back and Forth

The beautiful coast of Northern Spain

I had a heart attack. Unexpected, with little or no warning. One month after returning from Mexico and one month before we were set to leave for Northern Spain. I am the lucky one. I knew what was happening when it started happening and sought care immediately. An early intervention prevented any damage to my heart. The only damage was to my ego, as I have always been healthy.  

This is what happens when the whole town parties.
All of this health history is the lead up to the whys and wherefores of not blogging my way thru Spain. I just couldn’t. Too out of breath, too jumpy, too sleepy. I will confess early in this story, that by the end of our journey to Biscay and Northern Spain, I was reinvigorated, renewed, reborn. More than that, I was ready to move toward adventure and lifestyle changes and Hershel whole hearty behind the idea.

Homeless in Mexico

Interspersed on Pirates Del Mar for the next few months, will be stories of the present in Mexico, the past in Spain and tidbits of our Spanish visa journey.

No comments: