Sunday, March 27, 2022

Beware the Fruit Plate

 

Barbie and I have seen better days

With all my many steps (32 miles in the first 7 days) I have not been careful of the calories I have been consuming. I’m on vacation, dammit and Mexican is my comfort food.

So, in an effort to maintain a semblance health and since I am in the land of beautiful, ripe fruit a large platter is ordered for breakfast to share with Harvey. Breakfast on the property is relaxing and quiet. The day trippers have not arrived. Birdies fly up and perch on the table, hoping to share a crumb or two. After Breakfast, we take the remainder of the fruit plate back to our room and place in the fridge for lunch.

Back to the spa, in the cool of the morning we have tandem foot massages. The sky is a vivid blue. Then a dip in a nearby pool, before too many children arrive. This is the life, but all good things must come to an end. My end to be exact. My hind end.

Somehow, I have exacted Montezuma’s Revenge and Harvey has been the lucky one to miss out on the adventure.

I write this after 3 days of hating the world and though I am now sitting up, still am not sure I really like it here on planet earth.

No comments: